Sunday, February 24, 2013

genealogy books mentioning my family members

In my Dec 31, 2012 post (an 1850 census, an obit transcription, family notes, cemetery listings, & Google Books), I mentioned using Google Books for genealogy. I had been at Grandma Virginia's & had gotten ahold of some wonderful papers, which I scanned.
Something [that] I was able to copy were images from a book that seemed to be titled History of Marion County and Representative Citizens. It included the names and information on some of my ancestors & relatives: the Kaelbers.
 
I just did a Google search for History of Marion County and Representative Citizens. I was able to see that the true name of this book was History of Marion County, Ohio, and Representative Citizens ....
 
 I have since discovered another book using Google Books: Peter and Elisabeth (Graber) Kaufman family record, 1770-1987 by the Kaufman Genealogy Committee (1988). What is so neat about Google Books is the "from inside the book" feature. I was able to see myself, my sister, & my parents names! We're in a published book! (Also listed are Dyck & Schrag names which I know are part of my family tree.)
 
I will have to get a copy of this book to assist me in making my family tree!